Sunday, July 12, 2009

Blow me away


Today's grat is for God blessing us so abundantly! Let me explain. Today we were on our way to church (even though we were exhausted and had missed our normal service, we decided to go to the later one at Knox) and as we were driving out of our street we noticed our neighbour had some hard rubbish on his nature strip. Now keep in mind, my hubby and I have a running joke in our family, that we never pick up the hard rubbish because the person who likes it is teased so badly by the other person who thinks it is junk!!!! But anyway, I disgress...let me get back to the story. We passed the house and my hubby said, hey did you see that entertainment unit they had on their lawn...I said No, and so he turned around and we went back. There on the front lawn was this beautiful unit, it was pretty big but in a really nice medium stained wood - looked in good condition too! The guy was putting more stuff out so we pulled up and my hubby went and asked him about it. He explained there was nothing at all wrong with it but his son had just had baby twin boys and was moving out of his house so had asked his dad to give him a hand getting rid of things! So anyway, he was more than happy for us to take it and since it had wheels so we just wheeled it back to our house!!! Its actually really big and looks fabulous in our front room. O.k so the story gets better! While we were there Pete also noticed the guy was throwing out a twin pram!!!!!!! I have really been desperate for one since my toddler seat broke, so going anywhere with the two girls can be quite tricky. My scooter is excellent but when my oldest girl gets tired, I end up having to baby bjorn my one year old....9 kilos and I feel it!!! Anyway, the pram is in perfect condition and works like a charm!!!!!! Fits into our boot better than my single pram and while its not brand new or anything, it runs like a dream and isn't too shabby at all!!!! Ok so I also forgot to mention, they were throwing out 2 dvd players with the tv unit that work perfectly, they guy even went back inside to get the remotes for us! 
So the story goes on that once we got home and unloaded our new stuff, we headed out again and as we passed the same house, we saw they had a safe and sound baby car seat. I have really needed one of these aswell and was at the shop 2 days ago pricing them. Well it hasn't been in an accident or anything, and again, they just wanting to clear space cos they are moving!!!! Anyway the point of my story is the we ended up with a really lovely tv unit, 2 dvd players, a double pram and a car seat!!!!!!! We both feel quite overwhelmed with Gods blessings today but so sincerely grateful for his provision at this time.  What a great day...and a great story too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment