Monday, July 13, 2009

Steam this Grat!


O.k so this grat is for a couple of days ago, but I needed to put it in. I have been needing to get my rug cleaned for ages now, excspt since I don't actually want to get all my carpets cleaned I didn't think anybody would really want to come out just for one little rug - or if they did it would be a very over-priced experience!!! Anyway, the other day I had a friend from playgroup over and she happened to mention that her step-dad cleaned carpets. Late Thursday it occurred to me that since they live really close by, maybe he would be happy to come and clean my rug for me!!! Considering I had my daughters party Saturday morning I knew it would be a long shot to call on Thursday night and ask but I decided to suck it up and call her anyway!! She happily insisted she would call her step-dad that evening and call me back. As it turns out, he was stuck working from home all day on Friday...BUT my lovely friend insisted that she would come and pick up my rug for me, take it over to her dad's house and then bring it back clean that evening!!!!!!!! After assuring me a thousand times she really wanted to help out I agreed and sure enough, 9am the next morning she rocked up to collect my rug and pout it in her station wagon!!!! That evening at 8pm, she came back and dropped of my very clean rug AND her dad only wanted $20!!!!! I feel very grateful for my beautiful friend and the kindness of her family. Plus it was lovely to have her over to help chat to me the evening before the party while I was baking etc, as she wasn't actually able to come to the party the next day! Wow, I am truly blessed to have my friends from playgroup - what a fantastic bunch of gals they are:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment