Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dancing Grat


Today was our first day of toddler dance classes for my 2 year old. How excited she was to be apart of this new group. But, my grat for today is actually for the mainly music classes we had been going to for the past year. The skills she learnt in this group made todays dance class the success that it was. All those wednesdays mornings of encouraging my toddler to not let herself be pushed to the back when it was time to get an instrument, how to sit in amongst the other children (without me) on the floor in front of the teacher, how to listen to the instructions and follow directions for the music and movement...and how to be friendly and love to join in and have fun dancing and singing in a group setting! Such valuable and necessary skills to have, and while all children find different things challenging, these are the main areas I saw my toddle first struggle with and then really succeed at. So todays dance class was a real joy to be apart of, watching her do all 'things' with a natural ease and grace. So I am very grateful for our experience of Mainly Music so that now we can go to Dancing and really get the most out of it right from the start!!! And yes, I must add I was just a little proud of her - she did such a great job...you would never have known it was her first time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment