Sunday, July 12, 2009

The last minute dash...




Wow, I am soooo grateful that my daughters first birthday went off without a hitch! I managed to organise the entire thing in basically 48 hours (of which I used pretty much most of those hours and ditched sleeping to do so!) But it came together and everyone seemed to have a really great time. My amazing mother-in-law made all the kids little aprons and the babies really cute bibs which added a really special touch the occasion. Although the picture above is not the cake I made, I did make a giant cupcake which looked amazing!! The decorations came together well and I loved being able to use our decked area as an extra play area for the kids. It was really satisfying to see over a dozen toddlers getting along without too many issues or arguments! Ahhhhhh yes, a very lovely day all around - I couldn't be happier. What a fantastic way to celebrate my little baby turning 1!!

No comments:

Post a Comment