Sunday, July 12, 2009

Better late than never!


Whoops, I was meant to post these while on holidays and just realised that they didn't go on (sorry Tam).

My grat today is for the priveledge of holidays. Lots of people don't get them; cant afford them or are simply so tried up with business or family that a holiday just doesnt seem to be an option.

I've just got off a 16hr stretch of flights, with another 5hrs of waiting then 5hrs of flying to reach my desination. I'm phsyically wrecked after a crazy work week lead up to this break, toppedoff with 3-4hrs of ordinally broken plane seat sleep!! BUT you know, my spirits are high. Im on holidays, what a priviledge! I got to sit next to 2 great people, one who had a love of photography too so I was literally absorbing everything he said; then all went well with the flights and I found out that I couldcome into Qantas club in the USA and have a shower! Ah, can I tell you ladies, it was BLISS!! Its often the little things that we, well,...I guess, I...overlook. Today though, all these awesome litle things keep happening and my heart fills up with more and more joy. It's very cool. Thanks God!

AND ANOTHER THING...before I left, I found my long lost favourite glasses, my favourite hat (its very funky!) and my jacket....top result! I just feel bubbly with blessings and gratefulness today. Thanks God for the reminder to stop and appreciate all the little things you do for us.

Tam

Where do I start? I will follow on from Tam's grat on the 'holiday' theme.
I too am away on holidays at the moment and there is so much to be grateful for. For starters my three children are all being looked after by the people in my family; my beautiful sister Mel, my parents and also parent-in-laws. I am so blessed to be able to have this opportunity to go away for a week knowing that my precious little ones are continually being loved and cared for.
I am thankful for a safe arrival to Chiang Mai. Unlike some people (who will remain nameless LOL) my trip did NOT involve the Qantas Club in fact I flew on the most budget of airlines I think I'll ever dare to fly on again! Go Air Asia! Not! Well if you've flown with them before, then you'll know why I feel so glad to be at my destination safely. I am still shocked that the seats didn't recline!
But on arrival, my husband and I were met by some lovely people that we've been corresponding with over here in Chiang Mai that run a children's home for kids that have been saved from danger (they were at risk of being trafficked and sold into the sex trade). I am looking forward to chatting with them more over the next week and meeting some of these precious little people at the home.
Upon our arrival at the hotel, we met some more of the missionaries that work over here and they had snuck up to our room to "check it was okay" and placed lots of bottles of water for us and two big bags of snacks (fruit, choccy biscuits, about 20 bags of chips, nuts, lollies, chocolate, juice, iced tea etc) for us along with hand made cards from some of the children at the home welcoming us to Chiang Mai. It was very humbling and I felt quite emotional when I read the cards.
Well the missionaries that will be showing us around left us to relax for the remainder of the day and recover from our less-than-comfortable flying experience. I am so happy to report that we rediscovered this super-fantastic coffee shop that we've visited on a previous trip here 2 years ago that makes the best coffees you'll ever taste... followed by dinner and a wonderful hand, arm, neck and back massage! I am so appreciative for this massage to sooth my aching muscles.
Well this trip has only just begun but I just know there will be so much more to report as the week progresses.

Andie

No comments:

Post a Comment