Friday, August 28, 2009

Tonight's Grat


My husband is in a drama at our church on the weekend and I'd forgotten that a lady had arranged to drop off his costume at 7 this evening.
When the door bell rang, I instantly thought it was going to be someone trying to install free energy saving light bulbs again but was slightly taken aback to see a friendly face smiling at me.
I was caught off guard as I had already prepared my "we've already got energy saving light bulbs thank you" speech and hesitantly invited her inside.
In a flurry I started apologizing profusely for the mess. We're in the middle of shifting house and there is stuff EVERYWHERE! Boxes, piles, wrapped furniture pieces etc.
We'd just finished eating dinner so of course added to the 'house' stuff were the night's dishes and mess. I felt so flustered and embarrassed. I'd met this lady a few times at church but I didn't really know her very well... not that well!
I then started to remember how just half an hour prior my two year old daughter had thrown a Scoop truck at my head for no apparent reason (other than the emotional strain of moving).
I'd actually lost the plot at that point but thankfully my husband arrived home from work just in the nick of time to a blubbering mess. He kindly fed the children while I put our baby to bed and regained composure.
Now as I stood chatting to this lady I realised that I probably still had mascara all down my face and how bad I was sounding as I kept rambling about the mess we were standing in and trying to explain our plans to move to Thailand etc.

Okay so this story does have a point LOL! I am grateful for this LOVELY lady who (without really knowing me at all) stood and prayed for me in our entrance way and offered her support. She was so excited about our planned trip and we were able to share so much with her which she later told us meant so much. Long story but anyway, I am so appreciative for this opportunity tonight to get to know this lady more. I have a feeling we are going to cross paths a lot more often now.

No comments:

Post a Comment