Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I'm getting really old!


I am grateful for my husband.

He came home from work feeling really bad that he had not organised anything for my birthday tomorrow which I totally did not care about because we've had a bit of stuff on lately (and even if we had nothing on, I think he spoils me every day even when it's not my birthday).

So then he kept saying that he had to go out and buy me something special, to which I was like, "Don't be ridiculous it's a Tuesday night and only Safeway is open" but he was feeling terrible and wanting to at least buy something small that the kids could give me.

So after some negotiation we agreed that he'd go and get something for the kids and then we would celebrate early with my favourite Indian dish from our little Tandoori Lounge Cafe around the corner.

I am glad for this lovely man who turned a seemingly 'nothing' night in to a fun night. I am grateful for an evening of chilling out, stopping the madness, lounging on the couch, eating Indian until I almost burst and remembering what I already have...

Four of the most precious gifts I could ever hope for, my lovely man and three wonderful children.

At (nearly) 32 years of age (there's a few hours to go), I truly am a blessed girl.

[And on a more humorous note, while my husband was running around putting the bins out etc I even wrapped my own presents from the kids and chose myself a nice card from my card drawer! Happy Birthday to me... ]

No comments:

Post a Comment