Friday, August 21, 2009

Money doesn't really matter that much

Hiya girls! Sorry it's been awhile since my last blog!

I am so grateful this week for the priorities I have in my life. I'm grateful that money isn't one of them, and ego isn't either! I've had a 'challenging' (read between the lines) week with a client of mine who has these two priorities as 1 and 2 respectively in his world. How much I don't envy that life. A life that is driven by these things. I know we all need money, it makes the world go round- sure- but wow, to have it as a 'i need more' kind of priority, well frankly, I think just stinks!

One of the richest men in the world was asked a question by reporters, "how much money is enough?". You know what his response was??

"Just little bit more."
How sad.
Girls, it doesn't bring happiness, it never will. I'm so grateful for my job, my pay cheque and being able to 'fund' my life, but man...seriously, life has so many better things to offer than just dollars!! I totally get why Jesus said that its tougher for a rich man to get to heaven. Especially based on some of the greed I see.

So thanks God, for perspective; for being able to enjoy the funds you provide; for being grateful for them, but for mostly for them not being a 'god' in my world. Man, I'm so grateful for that!
Love you gorgeous women!
Tam x

No comments:

Post a Comment