Monday, August 17, 2009

My sigh of satisfaction




Well here is my grat for this lovely sunny Monday! I am grateful for things that come easy in life...to me specifically. After a fantastic morning at Playgroup (I have often gratted about how much I adore this group) I came home and reorganised my deck area. I like to make a habit of every Monday or Tuesday, swapping over my toys and arranging the deck area with different activities for my little ones to play with. After a really windy weekend (meaning I had to pull my deck blinds up and toys in to stop them being blown away) it was great to be able to get out there again today and set up some special activities. 
After doing this for about half an hour, I had a glance around and did a mental check on the experiences I had set up. Did I have a good variety out? Had I accounted for a variety of multiple intelligences, allowing for the different learning needs of my children? It was then that it occurred to me (hence my grat) that I had in fact set up experiences which included the naturalistic intelligence (worm farm and insects area) musical and kinesthetic intelliegence (dance mat with dressups and instruments) spatial intelligence (puzzles) linguistic intelligence (cubby with deck chair and a bag containing a tiny book, toddlers book and a cook book) and finally interpersonal intelligence (a kitchen area allowing for social interactions and role play). I quickly evaluated these things and with a sigh of satisfaction went inside and ate my lunch!! And so, my grat for today is that how much I appreciate the experiences I have had being trained , volunteering in and also getting paid for...all coming together to enable me to be able to this type of thing with an ease and quality without having to think too hard about it.
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment