Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The BIG G


I woke up this morning really early. It wasn't by choice I had some intense aches and pains which unfortunately woke me out of the dead of sleep. But given my busy lifestyle of young kids, working from home etc etc I really love a chance to spend some time alone with God, reading the message (bible), bits from my various books, listening to songs and journalling. All sounds a bit spiritual, maybe, but snuggled on the couch with a doona, hot drink, heat bag and Ipod, the picture is complete!! It is during these late night / early morning experiences with God that I have come to really love and understand how incredible he is. I cannot fully describe it within this short grat, but these moments have changed me more than anyone will ever understand. How grateful I am that I have discovered a way of connecting with God, which challenges me, changes and directs me and helps me to feel a sense of love from an awesome creator. It is in the times when I am struggling with grief, despair, personal insecurity and many more challenges that I feel this amazing protection, love, compassion and wisdom. So my gratitude for today is for my rude awakening this morning which turned out to be an incredible time hanging out with a very BIG and wise friend. Hmmm its true what they say, the more time you spend with someone the better you get to know them.
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment