Thursday, August 6, 2009

Magic Sauce




I am grateful for the fact that I get so much joy out of giving gifts to other people when I know that what I have chosen in 'just right'. My mum has her birthday this week and I was able offer to shout her a tour of Vatican city on her upcoming trip to Italy, which I know will be so perfect for her! I have also been sending little parcels to friends who I know are having a hard time and it is just something which I enjoy so much and find so rewarding!

I am also grateful for my mum giving me a bottle of 'magic sauce' - its a type of home made salad dressing we used to have as kids (just olive oil, soy sauce and garlic) and it was named for the fact that we would eat anything if this sauce was on it . I haven't really had it since I left home (nearly 5 years ago) and finally thought to ask for some...since I got it I haven't wanted to eat anything other than salad and veggies!! Grateful for a tasty little reminder of home when I was growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment