Saturday, October 17, 2009

Open wide come inside...


This grat is dedicated to my beautiful daughter who just turned 3! Wow what an amazing gift her life has been to me. She is such a cheeky cherub who I marvel in wonder at each and every day. The way she is learning how to structure new sentences, how on Thursday she couldn't hop and on Friday she could!! Man it melts my heart to watch how gentle and nurturing she is with her little sister. So many millions of things I love about her. She just sparkles and lights up my world. So today we celebrated her birthday with a play school party and all her little friends came to join in the activities I had planned. There are so many things I am grateful for it's hard to know where to start - p'haps with the weather which held off raining so that the kids could all have a great go at jumping on the new tramp...or p'haps that my 15 month old slept in till 8:45 am this morning (unheard of) allowing me some precious time to organise last minute things?! Well actually I think I will start with how grateful I am for such generous, loving and kind friends and family. From offers to help clean, bake and lend me things, thoughtful, creative and beautiful presents and simply their 'presence' on the day...I really am thankful for our friends and family both big and little. I feel so blessed to be able to share this special time with people I love and care about and who obviously love our little girl back!
So anyway I had such a great time zipping around the party watching and helping the kids make some special crafts, I got a lot of joy out of seeing the reactions on peoples faces when I said they could take a bag home that I'd made. The cake that my hubby made was fantastic and I am so grateful that he was happy to choose and make it! I helped by baking it but he did the rest - clever boy!! This meant a lot to me as I have a bit on my mind of late and this just took a whole lot of pressure off me. So GRATS for a wonderful party, GRATS for my sweet and wonderous little girl and GRATS for great friends and family to enjoy this precious time.
Mel

1 comment:

  1. Yes. What a wonderful party it was. I was so grateful we were there. My children had a wonderful time. We loved celebrating her life... still can't believe she's three years old though. You put in a great effort. You'd organised sooooo much. Well done. I hope the clean-up was okay and not too much paint and food dye around. Go you sis!!!!!
    Andie x x x

    ReplyDelete