Thursday, October 8, 2009

Food grats...


I really didn't feel like heading out late to do the grocery shopping the other night in the rainy, cold Melbourne weather but I am grateful that my in-laws offered to stay up and babysit our sleeping children allowing my husband and I to do the shopping together!! This just never happens anymore so it was so much fun being out late and cruising round Coles finding bargains and chatting together. I know... how exciting is MY life LOL!

This leads me to my next grat of bargains... while we shopping, the deli kept making announcements of reducing things like salmon from $20 a kilo to $3 a kilo etc. We got 1.5kg of hoki for like $4 and a cooked roast chicken for$5. We ate half our fish tonight cooked with some fresh coriander, garlic, butter and lemon and it was absolutely delicious and sooooo cheap! Yippee.


No comments:

Post a Comment