Friday, September 11, 2009

Handiwork


For about 2 years now, I have had half-finished curtains in my little girls room. They were not only unhemmed because I couldn't figure out how to make them more interesting BUT they also kept falling off the little ring things they were on. It drove me a little batty but I just kept putting in the "too hard basket". Well I am here to happily report that as of this evening they have been officially made their way out of this nasty basket thanks to my talented mother-in-law!!! Us four girls all took a trip to spotlight yesterday and managed to grab some really gorgeous material...Ma then proceeded to turn this sheet of material into a piece of art!!!!!! The rooms look AWSOME! My baby's room already had bunting in it and I really wanted to keep it, so we got this candy-stripe material that incredibly matched PERFECTLY!! My Big Girl who is about to turn 3, has a really sweet print with funky strawberries and rainbows and apples and flowers etc etc and it looks a bit like something from a storybook. The colours are bright and vivacious and I am inspired to be able to add some finishing touches of my own now! I am so very grateful that Ma spent 2 days of her holidays hanging out with us and happily created a lovely piece of art in each of the girls rooms. Plus I am extra grateful for the friendship we have...I really had such a lovely time hanging out with her and I feel very blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Does your handiwork include changing the colour scheme of this blog? LOL! You are learning your way around ha ha.

    Andie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post some pictures, I wanna see!! (Meke)

    ReplyDelete