Saturday, June 20, 2009

i angel

So after two massive 14 and 16 hr days and a lot of stress with work this week, as I got off another plane last night, SOMEHOW I turned my iphone on and dropped it and got off the plane- leaving it where I was sitting.  I walked almost all the way down to the carousel to get my bag and thought "where's my phone" and then (imagine this) just propped in a corner unloading all the stuff out of my hand luggage to try to find it.
 
Normally I'm really careful with these things, so I figured it had just slipped down into one of the pockets...but NO!!!! So, a little stressed, I walked back to the plane- and said a couple of SOS prayers to God "God I know its a material thing, but pleeeeaassseee, half my life is on that phone"....the logistics of losing it were creeping in....
 
A nice employee went to have a look on the plane for me...but NO PHONE. I had rung it already with no answer, so I tried again.....YES!! Someone answered.  This man had been sitting behind me and picked up my phone, the hostess (can you believe this!) said just take it to the carousel to see if you can find her- I think that was really dumb but anyway....so this man, who wasn't even waiting for luggage as he only had carry on stuff, said he would wait there for me to come. I was sooooooo grateful, as it is brand new and would have cost me LOTS of money to replace....aside from losing all my numbers etc etc etc
 
He was so nice, I thanked him profusely. So all the way home I was just blown away by the kindness of this stranger, I've asked God about 500 times since to bless this kind man in the white and floral flower shirt (yep!!) that someone would do something really kind for him this weekend and that God would just bless him abundantly! This is still my prayer.
 
Funny though, it really altered my mindset- Don’t get me wrong, I've been really happy this week, amidst some challenging work stuff. God's really provided AGAIN!! But it did make me want to love others more- unconditionally- just as I had been shown kindness. Another good life lesson, so I thank God for this perspective; for teaching me another valuable lesson and for my floral i-phone angel! What a legend!
 
 
Life is an opportunity, benefit from it. Life is beauty, admire it. Life is bliss, taste it. Life is a dream realize it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a duty, complete it.

                                                                                       Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment