Saturday, June 20, 2009

He is there!


My plane that left one of the domestic airports at 6am this morning (meaning up at 4am!!!!) had to do an emergency landing because they had some "systems fail"- we got off the plane to see hydraulic fluids pouring out of the bottom.  Actually today girls I thought I may not be here to write this.  Kinda weird thought huh...but read on...

 

As we dumped fuel (I think) for some time as we circled in the air and as the tension rose from the passengers and staff, I sat and reflected on my life. I had 25 minutes and believe me when you're in a situation where you think, "Hey this plane could actually crash here" it gets the thoughts going even at 6am! Had I accomplished anything? Did I have major regrets? What would I change? How would people remember me? 

 

I concluded several things, that whilst the passenger next to me MAY remember me as the girl with the unusually puffy eyes! :(.....thankfully I regret little- though I have made many mistakes and have learnt much.  I also concluded that if I did die (a bit morbid sorry I know) that my family and friends would all know how much I loved them and valued them- this was a really great thought. I also thought "whoopppee I could go to heaven" and admittedly liked the idea selfishly of not having any more sadness in my heart, though I didn't want my family to be sad- a tricky one.  I decided that though I enjoy my job, it didn't really deserve much air time (excuse the pun!).  What amazing perspective such situations give us.  

 

...so as negative as this 'grat' is sounding right now...

 

I am really grateful for this time of reflection; 

 

I'm also grateful that we didn't crash!!!!; 

 

I'm grateful for those that I love in life and that I am loved in return- that's such a blessing 

 

but mostly I'm grateful for my God who is bigger than any plane worries, boy worries, sadness, bills, pain or anything  else that we spend our energy on.  

 

I'm grateful that I know that He always listens to the cries of my heart- both good and bad, and that He never tires of this even if very patient friends may in time. 

 

I'm grateful that though there are many times that I can't feel Him, that I Hknow he is there whether I'm circling in the air, crying!! or laughing with my friends.  

 

I'm grateful that as I faced a moment of 'potential eternity' that He gave me peace in my heart.

 

Bless you girls, sorry for the intense grats, but I think God's really working on me at the moment, so a little warning- the may continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment