Monday, June 22, 2009


‘Faith like potatoes’ is an inspirational movie based on a true story that challenges you to believe beyond the noise and expectations of the world. I watched this movie on the weekend and was so inspired.


The movie is basically about a farmer wanting to plant potatoes but due to the drought it would be impossible to harvest. God speaks to the farmer and tells him to plant potatoes despite the weather. So off course come people who doubt and mock because well it’s impossible!! And basically tell him to stop believing for what can’t be done. Now the interesting thing about potatoes is that you don’t watch them grow and see how well they are doing, they are grown underground, so it’s only at harvest time that you will see if you have any potatoes. So the farmer plants the seeds in pretty much dust because there was no rain to even soften the soil. That alone would have been enough to deter me! When it was time to harvest and plough the field, not only was their potatoes, but the biggest potatoes and so many potatoes!! The farmer just believed, even when he could not see anything, there was a drought and the world said it could not be done.


This challenged me so much, especially during a time when the world declares to be in a global recession, a time when people are losing their jobs and a time when it can be really difficult to find jobs. So as the market tightens I have found myself at times listening to the world and beginning to lower my expectation and conforming to this global economic situation. Yet through it all God still calls me to believe, have faith and trust for the best job I have ever had. Believe even when it does not look like it’s possible because the harvest time is near!


So i am grateful for this movie which has reinspired me to believe for greater and to have ‘faith like potatoes’!! As the movie promotes, ‘the seed for a great miracle lies not in difficulty but impossibility’.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Esther I have just walked in after being at my mum's house all morning and was astonished to read your grat...mum just gave me this movie this morning to watch. I'm going to watch it tonight now. How funny. It sounds great.
    Good to see you on here too :) Love Andie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched it.... and loved it too. What an inspiring story. Your review was very accurate.

    ReplyDelete