Thursday, June 18, 2009

Friendship Grat


Friends come in so many different varieties.  Like this poem says..
Friends are like flowers

each unique in their own way,
put them all together
what a wonderful bouquet.


    Some are really brilliant
full of light sharp and clear,
while other are more subdued
to both you can adhere.


Sorry author unknown.

This week I have been especially touched by all the different types of friends I have in my life that all have a vital (yet different) part to play.
On Monday I caught up with 3 gorgeous mums at Marvellous Mums that have all completely impacted me and changed me in some way along with my mum, who comes to support me- which is her gift of love and friendship.  I also had a phone message from probably my oldest childhood friend who is so special in my life and an encouraging email from another wonderful girlfriend.
On Tuesday I had chats with some newly formed friends in my daughter's swimming class... don't know much about them yet so we are in the very early stages still but they are definitely "friendly".  I also had emails from my sister-in-law (a treasured friend) as well as the unexpected gifts (which I mentioned in my last grat) from our friends expecting twins.  
On Wednesday I saw my sister, again one of my best friends, as well as received a special gift in the mail from a friend I met traveling over 5 years ago... another surprise package.
And then today, I had a really great chat with a friend of mine at mother's group. Although we have seen each other for short periods over the past few months, we'd not had a 'proper' deep and meaningful conversation in a while.  It was so awesome to sit and talk, talk, talk.  We had so much going in our lives in common and yet so much is also completely different however it was so lovely to be able to swap advice, ask questions, talk honestly and have a laugh at ourselves.
How blessed I feel reflecting on the past few days with complete gratitude.  And tonight I get to hang out with my biggest bestie in the whole world... my husband ahhhhh yay!  What a wonderful bouquet!

No comments:

Post a Comment