Friday, November 6, 2009

To nap or not to nap...


My grat is for a change in schedule...you see my 3 year old had started waking up extremely grumpy from her day time nap and was finding it really hard to get to sleep before 8:30pmish.
Since there is a lot of crying and whinging in our house between the hours of 3pm and 5pm ...adding 2 children just waking from naps in, well it was getting unbearable!

SO my change in schedule has been putting my 1 year old to bed by 11am. This has worked so well since I started... I have an hour and a half to do a special activity with my eldest then a chance to do a quiet job (e.g sewing or paperwork) while she plays quietly next to me with her playdough, or jewels etc. She goes down for a rest (not a sleep) by 12:30pm and then I have about half an hour to tidy up make some lunch before the little one wakes. Then I get about an hour with her where I can give her as many cuddles as she needs after waking up, before my toddler is up again and raring to go. O.k so yes it makes for a long afternoon however at least they are somewhat refreshed and not both crying for my attention. Actually this new schedule has even seen them playing happily with each other for short periods of time!

So my grat is for this change of schedule...like anything it will work for a time and then I'll need to reevaluate again, but for now I am just thankful it is making life more peaceful and harmonious! Plus the extra grat for the things I have managed to accomplish in that time alone with just my 3 year old.

4 comments:

  1. My new routine involves plying Spencer off my leg (which he is trying so desperately to bite with his new teeth) and then listening to him whine and cry for hour, when he's meant to be having a sleep, until finally I get him back up despite him being tired and grumpy. Then he tries to bite me again! It's fun to be 1!!!!! And that's my easiest child ha ha!!
    Glad your routine is working though LOL!
    Andie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plying??? Is that a word??? I think I meant prying LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, wow I think I'd go with Mels Andie, that sounds painful! The little onesie this baby is wearing cracks me up!(Meke)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know too funny. Don't let Spencer see that jump suit, he'd definitely want one!!!
    Andie x

    ReplyDelete