Friday, November 20, 2009

Catching up....

I have missed writing down my grats for a week or so now and the "list" that I was storing up in my head is getting long. I won't write them all down but here's just a few:

My son has a little 'bestie' at kinder named Eddie. The other day at kinder I was able to share with Eddie's dad about what we were going to do in Thailand and we ended up having a really great conversation. It turns out that Eddie's dad was raised in Singapore in a really poor family where missionaries helped them get through. He sees this as one of the turning points in his life and now, after migrating to Australia, and setting himself up financially he attends church and supports other missionaries in their work. This was an amazing chat and one that left me feeling such a buzz. We have agreed to keep in contact while we're away.

Also while waiting at kinder another day, I began chatting to a friend (also in my mother's group). She was talking about her upcoming holiday when I asked the usual questions, "where are you going?" "what date?" etc.
Funnily enough we discovered that we're traveling on the same day, same airline, same destination AND same flight!! How funny is that? I am grateful for this coincidence and to have other people we know (and one of the children's friends) on the same flight as us.

Finally I am thankful for the health and wellness that has been restored to our family. After a couple of months of infections, viruses and gastro; it seems this morning that we are all well! Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment