Monday, October 11, 2010

Number: 9 The Big Red Ripe Strawberry


Well today my little girl just got bigger! She is now officially 4 years old - wow!
This morning we celebrated her beautiful life with a Strawberry Party. If you had wandered through our house today you could be forgiven for thinking you had stumbled into a real strawberry patch...our house has officially been strawberryfied!!
And what a wonderful day it was!! I was so grateful to have had 5 of my closest girlfriends and their kidlets there to make the day really special and memorable. I was also really grateful that I had had the opportunity to do so much party planning with my sister in Thailand...it really helped me feel like part of her was there when I looked at all the things we had hunted out and bought together for the party. Kind of made me feel like she wasn't missing out so much as well. I liked that. This party was also the first time I had really included my Mum in the planning and I really enjoyed sharing this with her, and seeing her get really involved. I am so extremely grateful that my amazing hubby was able to take the time off work and be apart of the day even though it was on a weekday (ahhh the perks of being the boss)!
Finally I am grateful for my beautiful Bella. I am so grateful for the soft hearted, generous, loving, funny, strong willed, determined, self sufficient, fashion conscious, friendly and nurturing little person she has become over the past 4 years. Her inner strength continually amazes me. I am in awe at how her confidence has increased... how her love and understanding of God is growing and deepening. How her ability to seek and show love is blossoming. How her capacity to overcome, learn new skills and excel is developing at such a rapid and exciting rate. Her loving and nurturing spirit for animals and young children brings a tear to my eye. I feel so blessed to have been given this very special child by God to watch over and care for. Words cannot express how much love this precious child.

So my main gratitude is all about you my little strawberry girl...I am so grateful to be your Mummy...to see you grow bigger every day...to show you how to love and nurture...to introduce you to an amazing God who created you and has a plan for your life...to enjoy you and all that is Bella Imogen Hynes.
I love you Boochie-coo, happy birthday sweet girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment