Sunday, May 2, 2010

Passing Away


Although this is a slightly more sombre grat, I wanted to say that I am grateful for the life of my grandmother (who passed away recently) and for the fact that she is now free of the suffering she experienced in the past few years and particularly the days leading up to her passing.

I am grateful that I was there with her in those final days, as difficult as they were, and that she was not alone. I am also grateful that at the end she was resting peacefully and I was able to say goodbye and take that moment to be with her whether or not she knew I was there.

I am grateful that I decided to stay there with my mother and assist in caring for her the day before she passed away and as a result provided support during a very difficult time for her.

I am also grateful for the relationship I shared with my gradmother and the fact that I feel confident that she knew I loved her and cared for her - and was able to make it to my wedding as her final outing before she passed away.

No comments:

Post a Comment