Friday, March 5, 2010

Shine!


Since arriving in Thailand, it has been a whirlwind of experiences and emotions.
Discovering where to shop, how to connect mobiles and home phone, get licenses, learn the language... the list goes on.
In particular, deciding on a church is a decision that we are currently making that takes considerable time, planning and energy. It's quite difficult to take 3 small children with us to a different church each week, not knowing what to expect or even if the service will be in English! How I miss those Sundays of familiar surroundings and people.
A time where the children were excited to attend their church program and looked forward to seeing their teachers and friends.
My grat today is for the wonderful, refreshing, challenging women's conference (Shine) I attended last weekend. It was so great to be able to get away by myself and have plenty of time to listen to the messages, sing uninterrupted, "fill up" with lots of encouragement and go back to my family feeling refreshed and ready for the next stint. This was really special for me and a time that I feel particularly grateful to have had.

No comments:

Post a Comment